To the Lazy Otter boatyard on the Old West River, to pick up the boat after it had been out of the water for a week. Ken (and his welder) did the following:
- jetwash and black the hull (not the base plate which was very clean – one of the advantages of a slipway over a dry dock is that I could get right under the boat)
- remove the rubbing strake around the bows, plug a hole, repair some of the steelwork, and stick the strake back on
- fit a new set of anodes
- treat the inside of the hull under the side doors – a bit of rain damage discovered when replacing the rotten floorboards.
I also spent an hour filing down the propellor, in theory to deal with the prop song we have had for the last twenty years, at certain engine revs
So rather a lot of black photos, I am afraid.
Starboard bow, with the plugged hole under the refitted rubbing strake (the lower of the two)
The hole under the rubbing strake – photo by Ken.
I filed down the propellor blades between the two tape marks, on the rear edge, to an angle of about 30 degrees, following the instructions here. I reduced the thickness at the edge by about 50%.
I turned around and stopped at the Fish and Duck for diesel and gas.